[Thunar-dev] Clearance

Emil Jacobs q.collective at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:28:04 CEST 2005

On 6/1/05, Benedikt Meurer <benny at xfce.org> wrote:
> Talking about the programming
> language or the abilities of people concerning the syntax or semantics
> of a programming language is useless in the light of a bigger project.
> Knowing C doesn't buy you anything.
I want to clearify why I brought up this discussion.
With the loss of a leader with a clear vision on how the project
should develop, we are currently bounded to the alternative:
designed/developed as a group. And because we can make design mistakes
as a group, it would be quite costly in time if we coded everything in
C.
That's why I suggested to use a higher language for development, if
that language is python, mono, perl or even java is totally
irrelevant, the point is that we can try out stuff and have time to
spare.
In a (much) later stage, when we have a working model of it all in,
let's say, python (so, *not* just the ui, but everything), we can
start thinking to write it down in C.
But that's just me, am I making sense?

Emil