[Thunar-dev] Website reloaded

Henrik Andersen simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 01:27:03 CEST 2005

On 7/28/05, Henrik Andersen <simsalabimladen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll spruce up my design based on your comments and ideas that I've
> > had, and upload them later today when I have time. I'm not looking
> > forward to converting the "penguin" design to (semantic) XHTML/CSS,
> > though, as I've tried that before and it wasn't an enjoyable task.
>
> I won't be uploading today after all. It's getting late, and after
> gathering feedback, I've decided to revise the design slightly. I
> think it's shaping up, but we'll see what thunar-dev thinks when I'm
> done. ;-)
>
> I hope people don't mind it if I don't use the viking ... it just
> didn't fit into my upcoming design.

Yeah, so I've made this design and uploaded it to Freewebs.

http://www.freewebs.com/halol/thunar/

You need to reload from cache, so you don't get the old CSS and
images. In Firefox, you do this by using Ctrl + Shift + R.

There are multiple styles that can be used, because I couldn't decide
on a colour for the navigation links. You change them (in Firefox) by
clicking View -> Page style -> Style of your choice.

The design is currently horrendous in IE simply because I haven't
gotten round to debugging it. And I haven't tested it in Linux because
upgrading to Breezy didn't work. I used pixel fonts, though, so it
should be ok.

I can maybe take increase font sizes/add the viking to the
penguin-design later, unless someone else does it first. Now I need to
be lazy for a while.

--
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."