[Thunar-dev] Thunar is not ROX

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Fri Jul 1 07:35:56 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> The plugin system will enable a wide range of UI controls that behave
> differently, but for the beginning, we need to get the core running,
> which implements the basic feature set we agreed on and everybody is
> expecting from Thunar 1.0.

I agree completely. A strong, well thought out core can be a basis for
making any kind of custom behavior later.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that what all of us need *first* is a
good, fast, file manager. Stuff beyond file management can be looked at
later.

Benny, I suggest that a preAlpha or a 0.0.1 release be made as soon as
possible in whatever state it is. Better to get people focused what is
needed *now* rather than whatever bells or whistles they can come up with.

-- b