[Thunar-dev] Browser-like User Interface

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Feb 27 22:56:45 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> One question brought up by Jean-Francois again today: What about the
> "Go" and the "Bookmarks" menu? Having too many toplevel menus doesn't
> really make up a simple UI. My idea would be to merge "Bookmarks" into
> the "Go" menu, as I don't think, that I would use bookmarks anyways. But
> for the same reason, I'm most probably not the best person to decide on
> this.

Just a quick one from the top of my head:

How about having the bookmarks as listview in the (optional) sidepane,
pretty similar to the gtk file chooser dialog. So, the user can choose,
if he wants to display (a) the treeview, (b) the bookmarks or (c) no
side pane at all. That way we could also easily integrate the Gtk
bookmarks into the Thunar UI, as suggested by Francois.

Just needed to share that thought before I go to bed. I'll come up with
something like this for the prototype tomorrow, so don't flame about
that idea too early, maybe it even turns out to be useful. ;-)