[Thunar-dev] Browser-like User Interface

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Feb 27 22:42:10 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> I did some more work on the browser-like prototype for Thunar, so it's
> easier to compare spatial to browser mode (tho, it's pretty much clear,
> that Thunar 1.0 will use browser mode). A screenshot of the improved UI
> is available here:
>
>  http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/thunar-browser2.png
>
> The prototype is available from CVS. A slightly older snapshot is
> available at:
>
>  http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/thunar-browser-20050227.tar.gz
>
> Opinions? Suggestions? Criticism?

One question brought up by Jean-Francois again today: What about the
"Go" and the "Bookmarks" menu? Having too many toplevel menus doesn't
really make up a simple UI. My idea would be to merge "Bookmarks" into
the "Go" menu, as I don't think, that I would use bookmarks anyways. But
for the same reason, I'm most probably not the best person to decide on
this.