[Thunar-dev] Thunar icons

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Dec 5 23:08:25 CET 2005

Rodrigo Coacci wrote:
> I noticed that when running out of Xfce or Gnome (i.e. KDE) Thunar
> doesn't load it's MIME icons, not even the nice folder icons. Is there
> any explict gnome and/or Xfce module to be loaded for icons to work
> correctly?

The icon-theme is determined from an XSETTING in Gtk+. So you'll need to
run a desktop daemon that provides the required XSETTING. In case of
Xfce, this is xfce-mcs-manager, in case of GNOME this is
gnome-settings-daemon.

> In the other hand, i'd like to see a Tree View for the side bar (instead
> of Favorites), and I could help implementing it,  since my end-year
> vacation is starting and I'd like to learn some GTK+ programming, but my
> code will be rather newbie-like... If you guys don't mind with that, I'd
> be glad to help out Thunar.

I suggest to start with something easier to familarize yourself with
GTK+, as Thunar code is not really easy to read for someone who is not
familar with GTK+.

> Cheers,
>       Rodrigo

HTH,