[Thunar-dev] more ideas on the location bar (and microsoft stole the idea)

Ori Bernstein rand_chars at rogers.com
Sat Aug 6 03:27:00 CEST 2005

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 20:45:47 -0400, Sebastian Raterman <daeluin at skizzers.org>
said:

> Here's a working link:
> http://www.meversusthem.com/vista/index.php?image=6c80033a7d3fa1c3fec0d7a87d0aeba8
>
> I like Javier's idea as well.  The arrows detract from the simplicity of
> the path, yet the feature could  be useful. A click delay could work,
> yet might not be intuitive or speedily used.
>
> What is the current right-click action for path icons in the location
> bar? (There doesn't seem to be one for my version of the gtk chooser.)
> Left-click takes you to that folder, right-click could bring up the
> sub-dir list for that folder. Would be intuitive and useful.
>
> I've been following this list for a few months, the work you're doing is
> great. Thanks!

If this sort of thing is implemented, I'd like to see it allow going into
subdirectories of the subdirectories, sorta like what the BeOS tracker does
(or so I gathered from some screenshots I saw).

(screenshot: http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7875/tracker-beos.png)

--
Reserve your abuse for your true friends.
             -- Larry Wall in <199712041852.KAA19364 at wall.org>