[Thunar-dev] Thunar ideas

Foxtrot simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 00:52:10 CEST 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 4:26 PM, dannym <dannym at xfce.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Samstag, den 09.04.2005, 20:29 +0200 schrieb Corsac:
> > On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 10:01 -0700, Joe Crawford wrote:
> > > Thunar looks great.
> > >
> > > I been reading the wiki, had some ideas:
> > > I reccomend that pressing "/" starts typing, (like in rox... / just
> > > makes sense to type locations!) when "/" is pressed, the path buttons
> > > get replaced by a url text entry widget. Also, a button should exist
> > > beside the path buttons that toggles it into a text entry and back
> > > again.
> >
> > On azerty keyboards, you need shift to type / so it's not quicker than
> > Ctrl L, and far less intuitive I think.
> > (but azerty keyboards are not very common outside France)
> Same for Qwertz, German.

In Norway, you can press shift-7, or you can just press the / button
to the right of the Num Lock button. I find both of these convenient,
as do I find Ctrl-F convenient. I don't see the problem with including
both.

> > > Sincerely,
> > >
> > > Joe Crawford

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
-Douglas Adams