[Installit-dev] First main window contents

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Fri Mar 17 00:36:38 CET 2006

Hey all (especially Benny who asked for it),

you can now play around with the main window a little bit. I've written
three package descriptions which you can fetch from the Xfce server. It
could use few more packages for real testing, but so far I could not
encourage anyone else to write some (based one the existing ones).

Here's how to check out what I'm talking about:

1. Get a fresh copy of i2t:
     svn co http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/installit/trunk i2t-trunk
2. Go into the directory:
     cd i2t-trunk
3. Execute the main script:
     python i2t
4. Go to:
     Actions -> Update packages

   Alternatively, you can make the toolbar visible (using Ctrl-T) and
   click the refresh button.
5.   Right-click on the package view or use the toolbar or menu actions
   for marking packages for installation or removal.

Don't wonder about the toolbar placement as I'm not sure about it yet.
Olivier says it's wasted space, but the title frame is wasted space
anyway and I think it's good to have the most important tools near to
the actual working range/radius of the user.

Hope you like it,
Jannis