[Installit-dev] Mirrors

Johannes Zellner webmaster at nebulon.de
Wed Aug 24 17:15:04 CEST 2005

Hi

I'd like to discuss the Mirror-System a bit.

The idea of the Installer, is that it's really easy to use.
So I think the available packages, provided by the packageList shouldn't
be too many.
For Example the user uses InstallIt for xfce and xfce-goodies. This List
is already long and will be longer in the future.
So my idea of the Mirrorsystem was:

MainMirror:
    - holds Mirrorlist (not country-specific Mirrors, but
PackageList-specific Mirrors)

1Mirror:
    - holds PackageList for xfce-goodies
2Mirror:
    - holds PackageList for xfce

To spread the server-load for downloading, there will be a
country-specific mirror-list in every headerfile. (like in Lunar)

I think this makes it easier for people which want use InstallIt for
their Projectbundles, which is completely away from xfce.

Well this is just an freaky idea ;-)
I like the other way, too.

greets
    Johannes