[Goodies-dev] Contributing to xfce4-mailwatch-plugin

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 08:17:48 CEST 2013

Le 14 août 2013 12:13, "Ján Sučan" <sucan at runbox.com> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am a maintainer of the xfce4-mailwatch-plugin in the SlackBuilds
repository. To me the situation around the mailwatch plugin is little
confusing. It seems that it's not completely unmaintained (last commit was
9 days ago) but for the long time the upstream sources are not buildable
even though the needed patches exist. Some of them are in the Xfce's
bugzilla. Others I have written for my own need. These patches are for now
duplicated on the distribution level to make the package be a part of a
current distributions/systems.

> Therefore, I would like to ask what should I do to push the patches to
the upstream sources.

There has only been translation commits since more than two years, and the
plugin is not really maintained since 2009, so you're of course welcome to
apply for maintainership. We always need more contributors, especially when
they come with patches :)

Apply for a git account and nick will give you write rights to the
mailwatch git repo.

Landry