[Goodies-dev] How to write panel plugins?

Serge Stroobandt serge at stroobandt.com
Sat Aug 25 15:26:29 CEST 2012

On 24/08/12 16:10, Matt X wrote:
> Perhaps this has been updated since I last tried it?  In my case, it's not suitable because: 1) It crashes often.  Every time I click it after having mounted or unmounted a device, no matter how long ago, during the current session. 2) It only uses Thunar (rather than the file manager that has been set as default) for half of its menu items.  If I had the skills to fix it, I would.  But you weren't asking me : )
> -Matt
Perhaps time to try Recent Folders then? I currently use it under XFCE
with SpaceFM http://ignorantguru.github.com/spacefm/ (PCmanFM works as well)
since Thunar developers announced that tabs will never be supported...

    Recent Folders opens a list of recently used folders on the desktop.
    The chosen folder is opened with the default file manager.

    USAGE $recentfolders

    REQUIRES python3, python3-lxml, zenity

    See https://github.com/on4aa/recentfolders for more information.