[Goodies-dev] Newbie wants to work on xfce4-cpugraph-plugin

Christian Leitold christian.leitold at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 22:27:36 CET 2011

Hi,

On 4 November 2011 00:59, Connor Behan <connor.behan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Keep two directories of the xfce4-cpugraph-plugin source... one that you
> modify and one you don't. If the modified plugin compiles on your system, go
> to that directory and run "sudo make install". That will overwrite the old
> copy of xfce4-cpugraph-plugin on your system and all you will need to do to
> test your changes is restart the panel.

It seems that this does not work for me. I have changed some obvious
settings (labels of the check boxes in properties.c), yet after an
make install as root, I still have the same default applet. Even after
logging out and starting a new session.

> The amount of GUI programming you need to hack a panel plugin is fairly
> small. To learn that, try the Gtk2 tutorial
> http://developer.gnome.org/gtk-tutorial/stable/ and make the example
> programs yourself.

This page looks very interesting, thanks for the tip, I'll do that!

Christian