[Goodies-dev] Clipman sorting

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 21:06:39 CEST 2011

Hi Lee,

2011/6/6 Lee Gold <leegold at operamail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Using xubuntu 10.10 with Clipman 1.1.3. When ever I click on Clipman in
> the panel I get oldest saved item at the bottom. I have the max 1000 set
> for the history and I need the max amount it helps greatly. But I find I
> almost always need and use the most recent saved items. So I have to
> scroll to the top every time I use Clipman - this is quite inconvenient.
>
> Is there a way to sort Clipman so most recent is at the bottom vs.
> oldest?

It looks like you are lucky, because with 1.1.0+ there is a hidden
option you can trigger with xfconf-query to reverse the sorting.

Run the following command if the property doesn't exist yet:
xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p
/plugins/clipman/tweaks/reverse-menu-order --create -t bool -s true

Or the following if it already exists:
xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p
/plugins/clipman/tweaks/reverse-menu-order -s true

To check the value use the next command:
xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /plugins/clipman/tweaks/reverse-menu-order

> Thanks,
>
> Lee G.

HTH.
Cheers