[Goodies-dev] // One-Line Comments

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Jan 6 23:53:20 CET 2009

David Collins wrote:
> FYI, this is the status of gcc's implementation of C99.
> http://gcc.gnu.org/c99status.html
>

> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Christian Dywan <christian at twotoasts.de>wrote:
>
>> Am Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:13:52 +0100
>> schrieb "Mark Trompell" <mark at foresightlinux.org>:

>>> AFAIK // comments are part of C99
>> Yes they are. However there is no compiler out there that supports C99
>> to date. And if you choose to support only those which support that
>> feature, C++ style comments are still unreadable to some :)
>>
>> Just my 2 pfennig,

Here's why I don't advise you to do this in the first place. There is no need to
use '//' comments. Even if they are supported, people associate them with C++
code, which most of Xfce is not. You just add to the confusion, and we're really
tired of "mommy can I...?" easily.

So, let's all be adults and just not use '//' style comments. If you do decide to
use '//' comments, please DO NOT ASK US if it's ok. We do not even want to know ;)

gotcha? :)

Auke