[Goodies-dev] ANN: sion version 0.1.0 released

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Sat Jan 3 11:31:23 CET 2009

On ven, 2009-01-02 at 19:20 +0000, enrico.troeger at uvena.de wrote:
> this is the first public release of Sion, a frontend to easily manage
> connections to remote filesystems using GIO/GVFS.
> It allows you to quickly connect/mount a remote filesystem and manage
> bookmarks of such.

Hmhm, something puzzles me. Is it different from typing
“ftp://ftp.example.org” in a GIO/GVFS enabled file manager? Or is it
just about storing the bookmarks?

And, when you say “connect/mount”, isn't GIO/GVFS supposed to avoid
mounting stuff, and enables you to transparently connect from your file
manager? Or does it enable non-GIO/GVFS enabled files managers to use
those shares?

In that case, it sure would be nice, but it doesn't seem to work here.
If I mount a ssh share in sion, it appears mounted in sion, but not in
“mount” output. And trying to open it from sion gives this in Thunar:

Thunar: Failed to open "sftp://example.org/": The URI
"sftp://example.org/" is invalid.

What should I do for sion to be useful on my Xfce install?

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis