[Goodies-dev] New panel plugin

Peter de Ridder peter at xfce.org
Sun Aug 30 18:48:33 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 6:00 PM, David Mohr<squisher at xfce.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 4:50 AM, Simon Naunton<snaunton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have written a panel plugin (xfce4-iicapn-plugin) which is a
>> internet usage/download limit monitor for a iiNet (Australia's #3 ISP
>> - http://iinet.net.au).
>
> Have you already published the sources somewhere?
>
>> I was wondering if I could/should host the code etc at
>> goodies.xfce.org? And, if so, what I need to do?

As said, you don't need to you goodies.xfce.org.
If you have your sources hosted elsewhere you could ask an account or
someone to put a link on goodies.xfce.org to your sources or project
page.

> You don't have to use goodies.xfce.org obviously. I.e. you can just
> add your plugin to the wiki, and link to your other site. But if you
> would like it to be hosted by xfce, then you can apply for an account
> here:
>    https://foo-projects.org/node/3
> Make sure you submit an ssh key, the site's info is a bit outdated.
>
> Not sure if there are any criterion for goodies accounts, maybe
> someone else knows.

Since the change to git the info on the websites are a bit out dated.
This is the "new" way to get a repository for your project.
http://wiki.xfce.org/dev/howto/git#new_repositories