[Goodies-dev] New: Stock Ticker Plugin for xfce-panel

Kevin DuBois kdub432 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 09:42:51 CEST 2009

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> The dependencies are a little "new". Fine for libcurl, but for clutter
> I had recommend to make that an optional dependency (now I'm unsure if
> this optional dep should default to true or false). If it is false it
> is up to the packagers to activate it. For this to be noticed you
> would simply need a summary at the end of the configure script.
> Regarding Clutter, it isn't used currently in any of the projects
> hosted by Xfce.

Hmm, Clutter is more or less an essential part of the plugin, it provides the
animation functionality. I suppose I could modify it somehow to make clutter
optional, or to use a library that Xfce is more accustomed to using.

If anyone knows of another way to provide 2d animation within GTK besides
clutter, I'd be willing to see if I can get it to work.

--
Cheers,
Kevin DuBois
kdub432 at gmail.com