[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-power-manager version 0.8.0beta1 released

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Sat Apr 11 14:44:16 CEST 2009

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On sam, 2009-04-11 at 00:31 +0200, Ali Abdallah wrote:
>
>> Beta1 release of xfce4-power-manager version 0.8.0
>>
>> * Fall back to HAL in case we fail to map X11 keys.
>>

> Hmmh, it seems I have some problems with that.
> My brightness up/down seem to activate the “suspend” action.
> In lshal -m it appears as:
> 13:19:12.586: computer_logicaldev_input_0 condition ButtonPressed =
> brightness-up

I don't know how i missed this, it should be fixed in 7164.

> The “hibernate” button doesn't work. It appears in lshal -m:
> 13:18:29.951: computer_logicaldev_input_4 condition ButtonPressed =
> hibernate
> but not in xev
>
> The “suspend” button does work.
>
> The “power” doesn't work at all but it doesn't appear in lshal -m nor
> xev so I guess you don't have a way to get it. I'll try to manage to
> make it visible to X.

If these buttons doesn't generate X events nor hal events, so no luck here.

>> * Reload HAL related objects when HALD restarts.
>> * Pluggable settings dialog.
>> * Updates on the brightness plugin to act like a menu so it
>>   will close the popup when it doesn't have input focus.
>>

> Works fine, as well as the scroll stuff. It'd be nice if the scroll part
> worked even when the “menu” is not activated and one scrolls just over
> the icon.

Good, the brightness icon should catch scrolls events, you just scroll
over the icon even if the menu is not open, please let me know if there
is a problem in this.

>> * Register the power manager with the xfce4-session.
>> * Use the xfce4-session shutdown interface.
>>

> Binding the “suspend” button to “Ask” does bring up the xfce4-session
> interface so this part works fine :)

Perfect.
>> * Lot of fixes.
>>

> I guess it's too late now for the “adaptative” DPMS stuff, and, I guess,
> the “textual” battery plugin.
Please details here, or open a feature in bugzilla to avoid forgetting.

>  But one thing which would be nice would be
> to have the “inhibit” function present in the right-click menu, in the
> systray icon.

Could be added.

> Cheers, and thanks for the work

No thanks for you, for always helping me figuring out the remaining
problems.

Cheers,
Ali.