[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-power-manager version 0.8.0beta1 released

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Sat Apr 11 13:23:04 CEST 2009

On sam, 2009-04-11 at 00:31 +0200, Ali Abdallah wrote:
> Beta1 release of xfce4-power-manager version 0.8.0
>
> * Fall back to HAL in case we fail to map X11 keys.

Hmmh, it seems I have some problems with that.
My brightness up/down seem to activate the “suspend” action.
In lshal -m it appears as:
13:19:12.586: computer_logicaldev_input_0 condition ButtonPressed =
brightness-up

The “hibernate” button doesn't work. It appears in lshal -m:
13:18:29.951: computer_logicaldev_input_4 condition ButtonPressed =
hibernate
but not in xev

The “suspend” button does work.

The “power” doesn't work at all but it doesn't appear in lshal -m nor
xev so I guess you don't have a way to get it. I'll try to manage to
make it visible to X.

> * Reload HAL related objects when HALD restarts.
> * Pluggable settings dialog.
> * Updates on the brightness plugin to act like a menu so it
>   will close the popup when it doesn't have input focus.

Works fine, as well as the scroll stuff. It'd be nice if the scroll part
worked even when the “menu” is not activated and one scrolls just over
the icon.

> * Register the power manager with the xfce4-session.
> * Use the xfce4-session shutdown interface.

Binding the “suspend” button to “Ask” does bring up the xfce4-session
interface so this part works fine :)

> * Lot of fixes.

I guess it's too late now for the “adaptative” DPMS stuff, and, I guess,
the “textual” battery plugin. But one thing which would be nice would be
to have the “inhibit” function present in the right-click menu, in the
systray icon.

Cheers, and thanks for the work
--
Yves-Alexis