[Goodies-dev] Xfce power manager version 0.8.0alpha is ready for testing

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Thu Apr 2 08:51:44 CEST 2009

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On dim, 2009-03-29 at 20:10 +0200, Ali Abdallah wrote:
>
>> I'm pleased to announce an alpha version of the 0.8 for testing, so
>> please if you have time give it a try to help me debugging it,
>> download [1].
>>

> And it seems you're shipping the autostart .desktop file twice:
>
> corsac at hidalgo: dpkg -L xfce4-power-manager | grep desktop
> /usr/share/applications/xfce4-power-manager-settings.desktop
> /etc/xdg/autostart/xfce4-power-manager.desktop
> /etc/xdg/autostart/xfce-power-manager.desktop
>
> I guess you want xfce-power-manager.desktop to be moved
> to /usr/share/applications and not be installed in autostart :)

I renamed the autostart file to xfce4 instead of xfce to avoid a
possible problem if you still have a autostart file in your home, so the
power manager gets launched two times and second one will say "another
one is running" and exit. i think you still have the
xfce-power-manager.destkop in /etc/xdg from previous installation.

> Cheersm

Cheers,
Ali.