[Goodies-dev] Stable, maintained goodies for the 4.6 installer

Alexander Iliev sasoiliev at mamul.org
Thu Sep 25 18:22:13 CEST 2008

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 08:18:01AM -0700, Kemal Ilgar Eroglu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is the 4.6 panel API any different than the 4.4 one, or more
>> precisely, are the plugins for 4.4 supposed to work on the new panel?
>> If not, I will have to install the SVN version of XFCE and test my
>> plugins first,
>
> Plugins should work fine on the new panel, but if you could have them
> test before, it'd be better, especially since xkb-plugin (for example)
> seems to crash with 4.6.

Yep, and regarding that - is it possible to install 4.6 for a single
user. I don't have a computer which is used exclusively by me and I
don't want to update other users' environment.

Yesterday I tried installing 4.6 under a normal user account but it
libxfcegui4 seems to want to write library files in some libglade
directory (and thus fails).

Regards,
--
Alexander Iliev