[Goodies-dev] New Member

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 26 19:24:39 CET 2008

Iraklis Karagkiozoglou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Iraklis Karagkizoglou.
> I am 15 years old. I am a student. I know C and i am going to learn c++.
> I would like to help develop applications for xfce. Tell me were do
> you think i could be useful.

I had an idea about 4 months ago, but I haven't had time to do anything
about it. One of my friends got a digital video camera, she uses Ubuntu
Linux, and she's been having trouble getting the video on to a DVD.
There are solutions (avidemux and command-line) but if you're doing it
regularly it's tedious, and it's hardly intuitive.

I think it would be useful to have a "Burn these Videos to a DVD"
program. No fancy options or effects - just do it. Of course there would
have to be a few options (set on first run, and use these thereafter).
It would be fairly similar to the Wizard mode of iMovie, and would do
any transcoding without bothering the user about codec options.

I'm not great with codecs, they sometimes confuse me, so I'm not sure
just how difficult the above is. I do think it would be useful to the
Linux desktop.

Erlend