[Goodies-dev] Audio thumbnailer

Rickard Lindroth rickard at eatingbits.com
Tue Jul 29 17:05:53 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/7/29 Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>:
>> Am Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:23:51 +0200
>> schrieb "Nick Schermer" <nickschermer at gmail.com>:
>>> Once there is support for that in thunarx, you might want to add the
>>> music column
>>> info code in the thunar-media-tags plugin.
>>
>> Nah. The thunar-media-tags-plugin is a very generic plugin dealing with
>> audio tags. I don't think beats per minute and frequency fingerprints
>> are part of that.
>
> Well for the moment it's not even possible to implement in Thunar, but if
> it was, I was more thinking about id3v[12] information in columns (plugin
> provides additional column which the user can add), bpm could be part of that...
>
> Nick

One thing, if you have a lot of plugins that add columns with info
about different files, say svn version info , id3-tags .. etc, you
will get a lot of columns if you have some files of different file
type in one directory. How would you prioritise which of the different
columns to show first.
Will relevant info like file size drown in the clutter? This is just
something that popped up in my overworked brain after a long working
day though.

But still there is some nice thing you could do if you could add
columns from a plugin.

Rickard