[Goodies-dev] Audio thumbnailer

Rickard Lindroth rickard at eatingbits.com
Tue Jul 29 09:51:33 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Dirk Vanden Boer <dirk.vdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Christian Dywan <christian at twotoasts.de> wrote:
>> Am Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:45:52 +0200
>> schrieb "Dirk Vanden Boer" <dirk.vdb at gmail.com>:

>>> Do you know of a way to get the current icon theme withouth dragging
>>> in any gui toolkit dependencies?
>>
>> That question doesn't make any sense to me. Without a toolkit there is
>> no concept of icon themes. ;)
>
> hehe, that's true of course, I just didn't want to get a dependency to
> gtk or qt just to get the current icon theme.
>
>> However if you want, for some reason, to query the icon theme manually,
>> you can of course lookup XSettings or gtkrc files on your own. In that
>> case, Gtk sources or those of the User Interface Settings are probably
>> most helpful.
>
> I think this setting is specific for kde, gnome, xfce, ... since I
> found my selected icon theme in .config/xfce4/mcs_settings/gtk.xml
> Doesn't seem really feasible, I'll probably stick to a fixed icon.

Hello,

I am a DJ and uses Mixxx quite a lot.

This might be outside the scoop of thunar, but one sweet thing for me
would be to have a BPM column.

Another idea could be to generate a icon based on the colour of the
songs frequency fingerprint, you can check:

http://bpmdj.yellowcouch.org/bpmanalysis.html#color

for a bit more information. Could be a cool thing or maybe just a total mess. :)
It's also possible to generate a colour tag depending on BPM which is
also kind of nice.

/Rickard