[Goodies-dev] Audio thumbnailer

Dirk Vanden Boer dirk.vdb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 21:25:25 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Christian Dywan <christian at twotoasts.de> wrote:
> Am Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:45:52 +0200
> schrieb "Dirk Vanden Boer" <dirk.vdb at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Erlend Davidson
>> <E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>> > There should probably be the option to use an icon from the user's
>> > theme - as that will probably be the most recognisable thing around
>> > (they - presumably - chose it, after all).
>>
>> Do you know of a way to get the current icon theme withouth dragging
>> in any gui toolkit dependencies?
>
> That question doesn't make any sense to me. Without a toolkit there is
> no concept of icon themes. ;)

hehe, that's true of course, I just didn't want to get a dependency to
gtk or qt just to get the current icon theme.

> However if you want, for some reason, to query the icon theme manually,
> you can of course lookup XSettings or gtkrc files on your own. In that
> case, Gtk sources or those of the User Interface Settings are probably
> most helpful.

I think this setting is specific for kde, gnome, xfce, ... since I
found my selected icon theme in .config/xfce4/mcs_settings/gtk.xml
Doesn't seem really feasible, I'll probably stick to a fixed icon.