[Goodies-dev] Audio thumbnailer

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jul 28 12:43:57 CEST 2008

Dirk Vanden Boer wrote:
> which let's you choose between different presets. The cdcase will be
> one of them. I already tried overlaying a music note, but the result
> wasn't really satisfactory, maybe I made the note too small but I
> didn't immediately recognize the files as audio files.
>
> Other ideas are always welcome.

There should probably be the option to use an icon from the user's theme
- as that will probably be the most recognisable thing around (they -
presumably - chose it, after all).

Attached is another idea... the oscilloscope waveform of the audio
track.  This would clearly indicate that this is a sound file, and not a
collection of music files.   It's difficult though!