[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-screenshooter-plugin version 1.3.0 released

Jérôme Guelfucci jerome.guelfucci at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 16:09:40 CEST 2008

Hello,

Thank you for your interest !

>      * When the executable is called without any parameters, it should
>        show a modified version of the plugin's preferences dialog:
>        "Screenshooter" or "Take a screenshot" instead of "Screenshooter
>        Plugin", "Take screenshot" instead of "Save", just like
>        gnome-screenshot.

I'm not sure I want to write a clone of gnome-screenshot. The goal of
the executable is to be binded to the PrtScreen key, to be honest I
never understood how the interactive mode of gnome-screenshot is
useful.

>      * Add a launcher for the binary to the menu

Again, I doubt this is really useful, who will head to the menu to
take a screenshot ?

>      * When everything is done rename the package to
>        xfce4-screenshooter. This makes it easier for us to package the
>        panel plugin as a sub-package without a dependency on
>        xfce4-panel so people could use the executable on other desktops
>        as well.

This is already planned, but I don't if it is possible or when it will happen.

Jérôme