[Goodies-dev] xfce4-sensors-plugin: hddtemp not setuid message

Mariano Besio marianobesio at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 05:44:52 CET 2008

Hi people, I've just installed version sensors plugin 0.10.99.4 from
Debian reps (please keep reading), which is based on svn revision 3775
and the new plugin started to show a message each time its started
saying that hddtemp is not being setuid root. The problem is that it
seems to be setuid correctly and hddtemp can be executed as non-root
user without any trouble. So I decided to look after the code of svn
version to fix it and found that get_hddtemp_value routine has on line
299 a validation with the access function against 0. Looking at access
man pages, shouldn't this value be -1? I think that this is causing
the message to appear when the disk string is "/dev/fd".

Thanks for all the work and nice plugins!
Regars,

--
Mariano A. Besio
marianobesio at gmail.com

PS: the link in to the WebSVN in http://goodies.xfce.org/download
seems broken, I believe that it should be
http://svn.xfce.org/index.cgi/xfce-goodies.