[Goodies-dev] wavelan

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Tue Aug 5 01:13:52 CEST 2008

Am Tue, 5 Aug 2008 00:33:43 +0200
schrieb Johan Slikkie van der Slikke <johan at slikkie.nl>:

> Hi all,
>
> Everyone who is using the xfce4-wavelan-plugin knows what I am
> talking about when I say it looks not that beautiful. So when I
> started learning myself C last week my first project was restyling
> the wavelan plugin. Now I'm glad to announce the result at
> http://home.kliksafe.nl/m.vanderslikke/pub/xfce4-wavelan-plugin.tar.gz.
>
> I had contact with Benedikt Meurer who told me he was not maintaining
> the plugin anymore so I hope you can tell me if the result is worthy
> to release and how to do that. I made a whole tarball because my
> changes affected many files. But if you want, I can try to make
> patches.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Slikkie

I just tried to build the tarball, unfortunately that attempt ended with

/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file
`xfce4_wavelan_plugin-wi_bsd.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

My kernel is something like this

2.6.25-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT 2008 x86_64

I haven't really had time to investigate, just figured I'd let you know.

I'm looking forward to the redesign, since I don't like the current
wavelan plugin at all, to be honest.

ciao,
    Christian