[Goodies-dev] Datetime maintainer (Remco, are you out there?)

Diego Ongaro ongardie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:01:07 CEST 2008

To Remco den Breeje, the datetime maintainer, if you're listening:

While making a couple changes to the datetime plugin for myself, I've
fixed 3 minor bugs (compile error, memory leak, missing error check).
I would like for the bug fixes to be incorporated as soon as possible;
patches are attached. If I don't hear back from you, I'll commit them
in svn myself after a few days.

For myself, I've removed the date entry field from the popup. It's
buggy (e.g., Bug #4023, fails if you have no %Y in your date format),
redundant (the calendar fully specifies the date otherwise, that's
what they're for), and visually unappealing.

Also for myself, I've added a preference to not show week numbers in
the calendar. I don't find these at all useful, personally, and find
they clutter the popup with additional numbers.

Regarding the last two items (date entry field and week numbers), I'd
really like to hear your opinions. I welcome any other datetime users
to voice their opinions as well.

-Diego Ongaro