[Goodies-dev] Weather Pre-release

mmassonnet at gmail.com mmassonnet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 15:18:56 CEST 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:33:38PM +0200, Nick Schermer wrote:
> Can everyone try the latest revision of the weather plugin? It should
> fix some heavy cpu loads when there is no connection available and a
> couple of other bugs. If you find any problems, please report them so
> I can release a new version later this week.

When the connection is hanging, the properties dialog hangs too.  And
today my connection was off for about 3 hours, which finally resulted in
the plugin to be removed with these messages left:

---------------------->8
weather-Message: Failed to get the hostname "xoap.weather.com". Retry in
30 seconds.

weather-ERROR **: Failed to create a connection with the host
(Connection timed out).
aborting...
libxfce4panel-Message: Weather Update: screen changed: 0

libxfce4panel-Message: No valid plug window.

(xfce4-panel:11390): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_socket_get_id: assertion
`GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (socket)' failed

(xfce4-panel:11390): libxfce4panel-CRITICAL **: An item was unexpectedly
removed: "Weather Update".

> Thanks,
> Nick

Regards,