[Goodies-dev] fsguard: Added bar display and further improvements

mmassonnet at gmail.com mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 06:25:23 CEST 2007

Re,

I added the last bits into the plugin, and merged your color code for
the progress bar (modified it after the code from netload).

Now the plugin has:

- An optional button with new icons
- A text that hides when it's empty
- An optional text for the size
- An optional progress bar

Of course you can't hide *everything*, so there is a little condition
that makes the button reappear.

Now I think the code can still deserve a cleanup:

- Rework the option dialog from scratch
    - Use a GtkTable instead of putting tons of labels in a VBox
    - Rename the DAMM variables -- You don't loose performance by using
      understandable names, even if they are longer
- We are not at 2 bytes near nowadays, so you can keep some GtkWidgets
  in memory instead of destroying them
- Take advantage of the functions provided by the libxfce4panel
- Don't be afraid to throw code away if it gets better readable

And that's off of my head, and if you ask for the beer I'm drinking,
they are Heineken's :(

And Robert, you can still take over the plugin for maintenance.  If you
want good panel plugin habits, read code and API, look at other panel
plugins, the sample plugin is a nice start-from-scratch.

For a further TODO list, I would recommend opening bugs now.

Regards!
Mike