[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-time-out-plugin version 0.1.0 released

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Sun May 6 19:26:32 CEST 2007

jannis at xfce.org wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm glad to announce the first release of the xfce4-time-out-plugin. If
> you ever needed something that stops you from sitting in front of your
> machine for hours without taking a single break then this plugin is for
> you. Taking breaks is good for your health as well as your creativity
> and productivity. Check it out if you like!
Congratulation on your release, Jannis!

I used to use Workrave[1], but all I really need is almost provided by
the timeout-plugin.

Some idea's/suggestions:
- Detect inactivity (=no mouse/keyboard input) and pause the counter
after x seconds of inactivity.
- If it's time for a break and the user is still active, bug the user to
take a break or postpone it. x seconds of inactivity triggers the break
(minus the x seconds) (just like [2])
- Fix the build process so that we can compile it with the --as-needed
LDFLAG
- The icon in the panel is a document with an 'x' on it... (???)
- If you don't change the 'Time between breaks' setting, don't reset the
timer on closing the window

Cheers!

Harold.

[1] http://www.workrave.org/