[Goodies-dev] proposal for xfce4-power-plugin

Bernhard Walle bernhard.walle at gmx.de
Sun Jun 24 11:36:44 CEST 2007

* Zach Carter <linux at zachcarter.com> [2007-06-23 20:24]:

> I've been thinking about creating a panel plugin to help with power management
> within XFCE.   This would be similar to the gnome-power-manager and
> kpowersave utilities.   It would run as a front end to the command line package
> called pm-utils, which is included in debian, fedora, and suse (any others?).
>
> Initial features would include:
> - suspend to ram
> - suspend to disk
> - powersave mode
> - monitoring of power management modes and settings
>
> Features to add later:
> - automatic changing power states after periods of inactivity
> - multiple power management profiles
> - tweaking various power-related settings (laptop-mode, cpufreq, sched, etc.)

Id's like to see such a plugin. It would be important to me to have a
tray icon or panel plugin which shows the battery status and has a
context menu to suspend / hibernate. I use gnome-power-manager for
this at the current time (because gkrellm wastes to much space on my
Laptop).

       Bernhard
--
/*
 *     Please skip to the bottom of this file if you ate lunch recently