[Goodies-dev] proposal for xfce4-power-plugin

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 20:53:58 CEST 2007

I don't really see why you want all this in a front end. I mean kernel
governors with laptop mode can do almost anything with profiles and
suspend can be triggered with a simple launcher or by laptop-mode.
Power related stuff is (imho) really laptop specific and heavily
depends on permissions, it just won't be a user friendly plugin that
you add to your panel and control your entire laptop.
You could create a plugin for this that uses hal (which can change
governors, suspend and hibernate), that will at least make _your_ live
much easier. But that last time I tried suspend from hal my laptop
crashed, so that isn't perfect either...

Nick