[Goodies-dev] Goodie releases with 4.4.0

Alexander Iliev sasoiliev at mamul.org
Tue Jan 16 11:49:41 CET 2007

Nick Schermer wrote:
> Since we're still aiming to release Xfce 4.4.0 this weekend, I'd like
> to know which goodies are ready for a final release. I'll also create
> a new goodies installer, so please tell me which version of your
> goodies is ready for 4.4.0.
> If you have time to do a version bump and release the goodie yourself
> it would be great, if you don't have time for this, drop the new
> version number and I'll create/upload/tag and release the tarball
> together with 4.4.0.
>
> These goodies are already checked in for the installer:
> xfce4-battery-plugin (0.5.0)
> xfce4-clipman-plugin (0.6.0)
> xfce4-eyes-plugin (4.4.0)
> xfce4-weather-plugin (0.6.0)
>
> Notes:
> 1) I'LL ONLY ADD GOODIES TO THE INSTALLER FROM THE DEVELOPERS THAT
> RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL.
> 2) Thunar plugins won't part of the installer (Maybe a separate
> installer, Benny?)
> 3) You have to checking your goodie before Sunday, so I have some time
> to prepare the releases.
> 4) If there is no way to disable some of the plugins that depend on
> gnome libs, they won't be part of the installer.

I didn't quite understand - is it mandatory to bump the version of
a plugin and create a new release in order to include it in this
installer?

xfce4-xkb-plugin-0.4.2 is I suppose the release which will go in
4.4.0, as long as I don't plan to make any changes fast enough to
create a new release in time for 4.4.0. So, if noone plans to overtake
the development of this plugin (I don't intend to abandon it, don't get
me wrong), then please use version 0.4.2.

Maybe I didn't quite understand your email, or maybe it's just bad
day for me. Sorry.

--
Alexander Iliev