[Goodies-dev] Hello xfce developers, i'm working on this project..

Türerkan İnce turerkan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 22:51:17 CET 2007

this is going to be my first ever contribution to open source projects so
please take my noobness lightly.
Many users seemed to be troubled by lack of a software tool to edit the
auto-generated applications menu.
One day i started coding a small console program to hide some entries that
i did not want to see, later
it evolved to a graphical application that can fully edit the application
menu on its own!

this is also the very first time i coded with GTK:)

in the attached file you can find the python program i made: Xfce
Applications Menu Editor (shortly xfce-sme)
simply unzip in a directory and run the file 'xfce-sme'. Its by no means
stable but works %99 of the time.
menu entries labelled "All" needs root access to be modified.

i want to extend this project to support the menu layout structure
produced with xml files as said in the
freedesktop standards. I have a couple of questions that needs to be
answered before i can move on:

* how can i get user's preferred language automatically? (its initials
actually, like en, tr, br)