[Goodies-dev] ANN: ristretto version 0.0.1 released

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Tue Aug 28 01:24:10 CEST 2007

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:17:45 +0200, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 01:07:26 +0200, "Stephan Arts" <stephan at xfce.org>
> wrote:

> > > I'm trying to but mostly without success ;-(.
> > >
> > > I can't open a single picture with the file open dialog and also
> > > not a directory. The only way I can see a picture is by passing it
> > > on the command line. After that, the loaded picture is
> > > successfully shown and added to the recent files list. I can also
> > > reopen this picture by clicking on the menu item in the recent
> > > files list.
> > >
> > > Only the file and directory open dialogs don't work. Is it a bug?
> > > Is it a problem on my side?
> > >
> > > enrico at ukio ;-): ~/src/xfce$ pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0
> > > glib-2.0 2.10.13
> > > 2.12.13
> >
> > This seems like a bug I have been discussing with someone using gtk
> > 2.11, (which i can't reproduce). Could you give me some more info on
> > it?
> As you can see, it is GTK 2.10, more detailed: it is the stock GTK
> from Debian testing. Any other testing user here with similar
> problems? What do you want to know? If I have the time, I'll use gdb
> to try to find some more info about what is going on (or what
> not ;-)).
Ok, again me. The problem of not opening any files is not related to
GTK but to ThunarVFS. For some reason, line 703 returns NULL and so
ristretto doesn't take the file as an image.
So, first in ristretto there should be some error handling for this
case, also for the case path (line 700) is NULL.
Secondly, it seems the problem is located somewhere in my thunar
installation. But I just configured it and installed it together will
all the other Xfce stuff into a prefix(not /usr and not /usr/local).
Any ideas?

Regards,
Enrico