[Goodies-dev] News page; Spelling; Download page

masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 22 20:01:23 CEST 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:03:32 +0200
Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> Hey Nicolas,
>
> could we agree on *not* duplicating so much content? We don't need
> shortened news on the frontpage, I think. The news page alone should
> suffice. So I removed the summed up news and just pointed to the news
> page below the "News" section header.

I've seen that. No prob here.
My idea was that the front page can contain some word of each section, so we can quickly see the content of the site.
Then if somebody want to know more about a precise subject, i can go to the right section.
But as you said, this leads to duplicate lots of things (especially since a wiki is perhaps not the best thing to handle this kind of things).
So if you want me to not duplicate content, it's ok.

> I really appreciate your efforts and time you put into maintaining
> parts of the website, but - and please don't take this personally - I'd
> also appreciate better use of the English language. There are quite a
> lot of mistakes in your articles.

But I'm doing my best! :(. Sorry if there is lots of mistakes. I think I can't hide you the fact that English is not my first language.
I will try to take a little more attention to that next time.

> Concerning the download page ("FIXME - but how?"): I'm planning to
> write a little PHP script which developers can use to manage their
> releases. The only bad news about it is that I don't know when I'll
> have the time to write it, actually.

ok, that's a good idea.

> Regards,
> Jannis