[Goodies-dev] [ANNOUNCE] MPD client panel-plugin 0.1.0

Landry landry at fr.homeunix.org
Sun Jun 11 21:50:36 CEST 2006

[copy of mail sent to xfce at xfce.org]

Hello all !

I've written a small MPD (www.musicpd.org) client plugin for the xfce
panel (svn/4.4).

A screenshot is always better than words:
http://gcu.info/~gaston/mpc-plugin-demo.png

Current features :
- prev/next/stop/play buttons with gtk stock icons (your gtk-icon-theme
may provide such icons.. Tango, Rodent and Nuvola does)
- mousewheel to increase/decrease volume
- current title shown as tooltip
- configurable MPD host/port/password

Code is here :
http://gcu.info/~gaston/xfce4-mpc-plugin-0.1.0.tar.gz

It is based on test-plugin, code should be clean. Interesting things are
in panel-plugin/xfce4-mpc-plugin.c ..
This code _may_ contain bugs, but won't screw your xfce install. I'm
using it since a week or two and it didn't crash :)

To build it, you'll need qballcow's libmpd headers and libraries
installed. In a near future, i'd like to write my own interface with mpd
to get rid of this dependency. I'd like to write some .po too... but
there is not a lot of strings in the code.

I hope this would be useful to some of you, and any feedback would be
highly appreciated. For direct contact, i'm often idling on irc (gaston
on #xfce at freenode).

Landry