[Goodies-dev] Best practices for plugins

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 05:55:06 CEST 2006

On 8/16/06, Álvaro Lopes <alvieboy at alvie.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> is there any document about best practices for panel plugins? I'm trying
> to follow the basic structure I see in others, but I am not sure if it
> is the best approach.

You should take a look at the test plugin that comes with the
xfce4-panel source. There's also a xfce api documentation at
http://www.xfce.org/documentation/api-4.4/libxfce4panel/index.html

> Also (this is not the case) is there any advise on which libraries we
> should or should not use in the plugins?
>
> And do you prefer GPL licenses or BSD/BSD-like ones?

I think most plugins use GPL but I don't really know much about licenses.

> Final question :) I have already SVN dev access to the repository, I was
> wondering who should create the root directory for my plugin (I did not
> even tried to do so), myself or an admin?

I would like an account too, I'm developing a simple network plugin
that shows the state of the network interfaces. Is it possible?

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Álvaro
> DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software, SA.

Bruno Gonçalves de Jesus
Live free() or die()!