[Goodies-dev] Best practices for plugins

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Wed Aug 16 21:30:13 CEST 2006

Le mercredi 16 août 2006 à 19:55 +0100, Álvaro Lopes a écrit :
> Hello list,

hi

> is there any document about best practices for panel plugins?

None i'm aware of, IMHO the best way currently is to take a look into
the existing panel plugins

> Also (this is not the case) is there any advise on which libraries we
> should or should not use in the plugins?

The panel is linked to libxfce4panel, libxfce4util and libxfcegui4; but
i think you could use libexo if needed (but may be a bit overkill for a
panel plugin).

> And do you prefer GPL licenses or BSD/BSD-like ones?

Your own choice, you're the author remember ? :D

> Final question :) I have already SVN dev access to the repository, I was
> wondering who should create the root directory for my plugin (I did not
> even tried to do so), myself or an admin?

I think you can, if it's not the case, just drop a note here, some admin
will do it for you.

--
Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>