[Goodies-dev] xfce4-xmms-plugin patch

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Aug 16 21:28:35 CEST 2006

Hey,

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 01:11:10 +0900, Tomohisa Iwanabe wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I wrote a slight patch for xfce4-xmms-plugin adds the features list
> below. The patch is written for the version 0.3.1 because I don't use
> XFce 4.4 yet. (I also wrote for 0.4.0, but I'm not testing it at all.)
> Is there anyone interested in this? If there is, I want these features
> to be applied to the plugin.
>
> Features added by the patch are:
> * Audacious (http://audacious-media-player.org/) support
> * Allows more operations from xmms-plugin
>   - adding files and clearing playlist
>   - toggle repeat/shuffle state
>   - toggle visibility state of each window
>   - "Jump to File" menu (Audacious only)
>   - etc...
>
> Note:
> - These patches contains binary format (png image)
> - Please run autogen.sh after patching
> - To enable Audacious support, configure with
> "--with-player=audacious"

Sounds great. Unfortunately, I don't really know how the XMMS plugin is
implemented in detail and I'm not running Xfce 4.2.x on any machines
(not even virtual ones), so I can't test it. We're also missing a
maintainer for this plugin.

I recently put up a new release for the plugin, which works with the
Xfce 4.4 panel, but that's all we can do right now. Maybe you are
interested in maintaining this plugin?

Regards,
Jannis