[Goodies-dev] genmon-plugin not working on OpenBSD

Juju jujucece at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 18:57:53 CEST 2006

Hi,

The problem comes indirectly from modifications I made. I rethink and
simplify the Timer system because in some special cases, multiple
timers were started. So I start only 1 timer (the SetTimer() is called
once) and if you want to recreate a new timer, you simply have to put
"0" in "iTimerId".

2006/8/4, Landry Breuil <landry at fr.homeunix.org>:
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > Landry wrote:
> >> Hello list,
> >>
> >> I've successfully built genmon-plugin-svn (running xfce-svn), but when i
> >> add it to the panel, it immediately disappears (i can't configure it),
> >> and i get this in ~/.xsession-errors :

> >> Any idea for this crash ?
> >
> >  > 168         if (!(*argv)) {
> >
> > Maybe argv is NULL? Changing this to '(!argv || !(*argv))' might help.
> I've tried this, but as the plugin is _not_ configured when this code is
>   called, it crashes because argv points to somewhere it shouldn't.
> (gdb) p *argv
> Cannot access memory at address 0x807dc000
>
> To make a workaround, i commented the crashing call to SetTimer() in
> genmon_construct() at the end of main.c . Now i'm presented the
> configuration window !! Sweeeet ! Got to figure how to make it monitor
> my temperatures and cpu speed :)
> Dunno if it's a permanent fix to apply, as it seems to work with Linux...

If you remove the "SetTimer()" line, the command won't be spawn
cyclically so the plugin won't work properly.

> As Julien Devemy rewritten/taken maintainership over this plugin, i'd
> like to have its point of view about it..

I'll take a look at this... (But if you have a patch, don't hesitate !)

Bye,
Juju