Request to include xfce4-alsamixer to xfce

Tim Tassonis timtas at cubic.ch
Thu Jun 13 00:40:44 CEST 2024

Hi all

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but two years ago,
Sergios Anestis Kefalidis has written an xfce4 alsamixer gui (based on
gtk-alsamixer), to provide a gui for people (like me) that don't use
pulseaudio on their desktop, but plain alsa.

I have since used it on my xfce desktops with latest alsa and xfce4
without any problems and wanted to ask if it could be included to the
"official" xfce repos.

I can well further maintain it myself, but I thought that there might be
other xfce4 users that don't use pulseaudio, and the program is really
useful for all those.

The repo currently resides at:

https://github.com/SKefalidis/xfce4-alsamixer

If it would be included, I would take on maintainership, because I doubt
Sergios is all that interested in it, I already have a xfce gitlab
account, at:

https://gitlab.xfce.org/timtas

Bye
Tim