xfdesktop: globals or not ?

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult lkml at metux.net
Mon Oct 31 12:35:38 CET 2022

Hello friends,

in current xfdesktop code, we've got lots of global fields. But also
lots of stuff in individual objects that's practically singleton,
eg. anything in XfceApplication, XfConfChannel references, etc.

Both approaches, global fields vs. local fields of singleton objects
have good arguments, but IMHO only makes sense if done consequently.
Right now we're in somewhere the middle, pieces of both mixed up.

Thus, I'd like to clean up the situation, completely into either
or the other direction.

But which of the two directions shall we go ?

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert