Feature: fix borders for misbehaving applications

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:58:27 CEST 2022

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 16:02, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult <
lkml at metux.net> wrote:

> On 20.10.22 15:32, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>
> > I already explicitly expressed my disagreement on forcing decorations in
> > the WM against the will of the application, I did so in both the issue
> > and in the merge request -
>
> So the will of some corporations like Microsoft counts a lot more to you
> than the user's will ?

Who writes or publishes the application is irrelevant.

> And users should not have the freedom to get a consistent UI ?

I am saying that if there is a bug in an application, the application
should be fixed, rather than adding tons of code in the WM to work around
whatever applications do.

And you don't like users being able to move around windows of hanging
> applications easily ?

/me shrugs and moves on.

Cheers
Olivier