xfwm: do we need XFWM_FLAG_MANAGED ?

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult lkml at metux.net
Thu Nov 10 10:48:10 CET 2022

Hello folks,

I just wonder whether we really need to take care of the
XFWM_FLAG_MANAGED flag at all.

It is set, when then Client object is added to the screen's clients list
(clientAddToList()), which is called by clientFrame(), which newly
creates the Client struct.

When we drop the flag, the only thing that possibly could be wrong is
that some functions like clientShade (called by clientApplyInitialState)
could call clientReconfigure(), which they current do not yet here.

But is there anything that could go wrong with that ? Could we just
move this check to clientReconfigure() ?

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert