Feature: window fences

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult lkml at metux.net
Thu Nov 3 14:48:51 CET 2022

On 02.11.22 20:49, samuel wrote:
> Was planning to add the url to the product i used to use on windows:
> http://windowgrid.net/ <http://windowgrid.net/>

Ah, that's really different from fences, since it also cares about
resize over many grid cells.

If anybody's actually working on that, let's see whether we can find
some common pieces for both.

The current geometry handling code is very complicated and anything but
easy to understand :(

I'm currently working on simplifying this step by step (see branch
wip/cleanup_client_geometry on my gitlab repo, user "metux"). Not a
trivial task. The patches up to "client: clientConstrainPos(): optimize
struts" still should be fairly simple to review, but ontop now touching
things like constraining geometry by struts - that's not so easy
anymore.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert